January 18th-19th 2020 - Ottawa, ON
- 24 hour hackathon put on by departments of the Canadian federal goverment.
- Candidates were assigned obtuse business problems and solutions were presented to department executives at the end of the event.
- Business case was "Building an Intelligent Curriculum Framework."
- Team consisted of Wilfred Dondji, Jeff Cole and myself.
- We were challenged to identify gaps, related and/or conflicting content, and outdated content from the Canadian School of Public Service's learning curriculum, and develop a robust curriculum architecture framework.
- Final backend was produced by Wilfred Dondji and used a Python server to implement machine learning to associate courses with certain skill sets and identify redundancies.
- I built a front-end web app and populated a dynamic wordcloud using an R script made with wordcloud2. The words were mined from the course listings using tidytext.